Estate Planning Seminars
The Socius Law Firm offers several complimentary group in-person Estate Planning seminars on various topics for a variety of audiences.
For Wealth Planning Professionals
As a proud member of The WealthCounsel Companies, Socius is committed to client-centered estate planning and wealth management. We frequently collaborate with wealth planning professionals (e.g., insurance agents, financial advisors, CPAs etc.) to educate their clients on estate planning and the estate planning process by means of our interactive workshops.
For Companies/Employee Programs
The Socius Law Firm also frequently works with human resource professionals at both large and growing companies to supplement their employee assistance programs by delivering top-notch, educational seminars on various Estate Planning topics.
All Socius estate planning seminars can be taught in a small group, large conference format, and can even be presented via webinar for audiences that may have difficulty coming to the event. We pride ourselves on offering “no-pressure” seminars that are truly educational in terms of delivery and content. A sampling of Socius’ current estate planning seminar topics is summarized below:
Wills, Trusts, and Why Estate Planning Matters
This workshop focuses on how estate planning can enrich your life and the lives of your family members. Before you begin planning for your estate, it is important to understand what you can accomplish during the process. You should expect your attorney to take the time to understand your hopes and dreams for your family and then counsel you on all the options available under the law.
This presentation is designed to teach attendees:
• What can be accomplished through estate planning
• What you need to know about wills and trusts, how they are different and the roles each play
• How to select the proper attorney to create your comprehensive estate plan
Hidden Risks – Avoiding Common Estate Planning Mistakes
Attendees of this workshop will learn about the most common estate planning mistakes and what solutions are available to avoid them. Regardless of your family status or financial net worth, you will learn about planning strategies that help you:
• Maintain control of your estate during life and plan for any period of disability
• Create an efficient wealth transfer plan at death
• Make sure that your beneficiaries are protected from themselves and others
Comprehensive Estate Planning for Individuals with IRAs and Retirement Plans
By participating in this workshop, you will learn how to coordinate your IRAs and Retirement Plans with a comprehensive estate plan including:
• Important asset protection and income tax planning strategies that are available and by failing to plan, the opportunities may be missed to protect your assets
• IRA specific strategies including whether an IRA Legacy Trust is a good choice
• A discussion on who the beneficiary of your retirement plan should be
Contact us today or call us at our Westborough, MA office at 508-870-5759 to schedule a group workshop or to learn more about our Estate Planning seminars.