Estate Planning Attorney Westborough MA
Estate Planning Overview
While nobody wants to think about incapacity or death, establishing an estate plan is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones. Proper estate planning not only puts you in control of your assets, it can also spare your loved ones of the expense, delay and frustration associated with managing your affairs if you become incapacitated and after you are gone.
Estate Planning is Not Just for the Wealthy
When many people hear the term “estate planning,” the first thought that comes to mind is the super-wealthy who large taxable estates. However, estate planning is about much more than estate taxes. The fact is, everyone can benefit from having an estate plan of their own.
Our Approach to Estate Planning
At the Socius Law Firm, we believe estate planning is a process where you design a blueprint that:
- allows you to control your property when you are alive and well
- enables you to control how your & your loved ones are cared for in the event of incapacity
- allows you to control how your assets are managed, used and passed in the event of your death
- enables you to save every last tax dollar, professional and court cost.
While this is typically accomplished through a set of estate planning documents, it is crucial to keep in mind that estate planning is not only about the documents themselves. It is about making a series of informed decisions and taking a series of thoughtful actions, all of which are designed to ensure that in the event of your incapacity or death, things will transition in the way you would have hoped, with the least disruption possible and with minimal or no intrusion by the court. Learn more about Socius Law Firm’s unique 6-step estate planning process.
With 20 Years of Experience… We Do Things Differently
Unlike the “transactional” or “one-size-fits-all” approach to estate planning, the Socius Law Firm is committed to forging lawyer-for-life relationships with our clients.
What We Do
At the Socius Law Firm, estate planning is not done for you, it is done with you. We help individuals and families identify their concerns and planning objectives and work together to create a plan that is tailored to meet their unique family situation, assets and personal values, goals and objectives.
Satisfied Client Stories
How Much Does It Cost?
We offer four levels of planning – each highly customized to meet your unique family situation, assets and personal values, goals and objectives. Plan fees range from a low of $1,000 to a high of $8,500 for an extensive estate plan.
- For the family who wants to take care of basic estate planning needs and is not concerned about avoiding probate or maintaining privacy. You’ll gain peace of mind knowing we are here to help you navigate the system during your lifetime and help your family after your passing.
- For the family who wants to avoid probate and gain total assurance and peace of mind knowing that in the event of their death or incapacity, all assets will be transferred to heirs with the most ease and convenience possible in the privacy of our office.
- For the family who wants the total assurance and peace of mind of the "Trust Plan" as well as the added comfort of knowing that all assets transfers are taken care of by our office. We do all “funding” for you.
- For the family who needs more than the foundational planning of the first three levels. Clients choosing the Legacy Plan may have advanced planning needs involving complicated estate tax or asset protection issues.
Call Us Today
Call us to discuss your estate planning needs.